Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Tom Cruise shuns ‘abandonment’ claims

Tom Cruise contends he’s “extremely close” to his daughter in new court documents.

The 51-year-old actor is currently embroiled in a $50 million court case he initiated against the publishers of Life & Style and In Touch magazines over a cover story they ran claiming he “abandoned” Suri, his daughter with ex-wife Katie Holmes.

TMZ reports the actor has just filed legal documents in the proceedings, defending his relationship with the seven-year-old.

"I have in no way cut Suri out of my life - whether physically, emotionally, financially or otherwise,” he allegedly writes, adding, “Even during the times when I was working overseas and was not able to see Suri in person, we were (and continue to be) extremely close."

Tom’s divorce from Katie was finalised in July 2012, less than two weeks after their split was announced.

Under New York state law, details on their settlement agreement remain sealed.

Tom’s filings now offer for the first time detailed insight into what really happened between the actor, Katie and Suri that summer.
“As my numerous emails with Suri's mother during this time period demonstrate, I was a constant presence in Suri's life,” he reveals.

"While I'm sure my daughter misses me when I am not with her (as I miss her), she is a very happy child, and we have a wonderful relationship and cheerful phone calls."

In his multimillion dollar suit against Bauer Publishing, Tom argues the company’s tabloids defamed him by running the article.

His lawyer, Bert Fields, previously confirmed the star will give any damages awarded in the case to charity should he receive a favourable ruling.

Source: http://ph.omg.yahoo.com

No comments: